The lawn mower
Domestic accidents are the cause of large and small household tragedies. Caring for our garden, especially when cut, can be the cause of these misfortunes. So here are some tips to help you choose the best self propelled lawn mower and keep a garden in perfect condition thanks to your lawn mower without accidents.
There are many models of lawn mowers. Depending on the characteristics and dimensions of the land, we must choose one model or another. It is important to know our use of the machine, because although it is true that we use throughout the year, the use will be more frequent in the rainiest season, when the grass grow faster.
The more often we use the mower, the more times will have to make the set-up of the machine, so when you buy, you must ask for advise on maintenance, technical repair service, spare parts …
Types of lawn mower
If mowing space is small, you can use a hand mower, which is pushed by hand. The simplest are mechanical and comprise nothing more than a few blades. In case of not wanting to make much physical effort, we can also opt for a self propelled rotary mower blades, adjustable according to the height of the grass.
If you need to mow the large garden, you can use a mini lawn tractor, having seats and driven with a flywheel is required. Its cost is obviously far higher but are very comfortable to use.
For the maintenance of hedges and sunken areas, there are small electric powered equipment known as trimmers and brush cutters.
To remove grass clippings and leaves in the garden there are blowers, powered tubes that generate powerful air currents.
Another secret to make the mowing not a cumbersome task is to properly choose the shape of the garden. Most gardens are square, but a garden with curved or irregular is much more comfortable mowing.
Using the mower correctly
- The first thing to do is to carefully read the instructions to know the performance and capabilities of your machine. It is important to know what kind of materials can be cut with all safety, and which can clog the blades creating a danger to you.
- Before each use make sure that there is no loose parts on the machine. Do not forget to remove any objects that could lock the mower as balls or toys.
- Do not turn the mower on indoors, always turn it in open spaces where it can not collect carbon dioxide.
- While in operation, it is very important to keep any part of our bodies and our clothes away from the machine.
- Never cut with barefoot. Wear clothes and appropriate footwear including goggles, reduce the chances of an accident.
- Make sure that there are no children or animals near the machine while it is running.
- If you possess an electric mower, never rush to mow when the grass is still wet. In addition, you must ensure that it has an extension cord in perfect condition. To prevent the extension spoiling too easily, start cutting the grass in the area.
- Once the work is completed, collects, stores and protects the tools after use. One of the possible reasons why we should change our mower is if it gets wet with rain.
- Keep mower in perfect condition and with sharp blades.
Have a nice lawn depends on a few factors to consider. Here are tips to make the grass always looks green in your garden:
- In each section, you should not mow more than a third of the grass. This helps develop a deeper root system, which enhances the absorption of water and nutrients, especially in summer.
- Always keep good sharp blades. Dull blades tear the ends of the blades of grass, facilitating the entry of diseases.
- Your lawn needs about 25 liters during the harvest season. Always try to water early in the morning. Water droplets remaining on the leaves overnight may harbor harmful disease for the grass.
- Keep your lawn well balanced. For a healthier and greener lawn, the first step is to analyze it. Know the PH, and the content of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium from your garden.